" " " "

Welcome To Vilcabamba
"The Sacred Valley of Longevity"


This Is A Privately Circulated Blog, scribbled exclusively for Friends & Familiars, that peers into and pontificates about Expat life in the hinterlands of South America. If your eyesight is less than optimal (like mine), then just click the type size up a notch on your browser..


Here you will find a series of curmudgeonly commentaries that I've posted from atop my rickety old soapbox for the past few years. And yes, there are indeed political rantings, so place your seats in the upright position and fasten your seat belts .... it may be a bumpy ride.






3/6/11

The Great 2011 Recovery

Happy days are here again! Stock and commodity markets are strong, company profits are up, bankers are making record profits and bonuses, unemployment is declining, and inflation is non-existent. Obama and Bernanke are the dream team making the US into the Superpower it once was. Hallelujah! We are saved!

Yes, it is amazing the castles in the air that can be built with paper money and deceitful manipulation of all economic data. Excuse me! But I just don't buy it.

Behind the curtain, the Wizards of Ozs who continue to manipulate the silver and gold market are feverishly propping up the $US. The $100 TRILLION in derivatives still have not been settled … and yet, and YET, Happy Days Are Here Again? Hey, call me a conspiracy Wingnut, but something just doesn't smell right about this so-called Green Shoot Recovery. Please wake me up after the political commercial is finished, it's time for me to take my meds!

No comments: